Monday, June 06, 2016

Greeting from the other side



I have been sleepless for several days. It’s because, youngest niece aka April has been waking up and crying in the middle of the night. 

On the first day, April woke up and cried at 1am. It’s really not usual for her to wake up in the sudden. She cried for almost 1 hour, asking for bottle of milk and to get out from her room, also the house. 

On the second day, April woke up at 12am, still crying, asking for bottle of milk, and to get out. She woke up again at 3am… I was joking, that maybe there’s “something” she saw and made her cried. Because, April always cried at the time, that some people said it’s the time when the day was changing, and when the gate of the other world was being opened, setting astral’s creature to pass through. 

On the third day, April woke up at 1am, and I did saw that she’s not looking usual, made me think she was…possessed. She cried asking for bottle milk, while she already holds it on her hands. She asked to get out from the house, while outside was still dark pitch. April’s mother said that before gone to bed, she has read several prayers to protect her daughter while sleeping, but it seemed didn’t affect too much. I was joking again, saying maybe April saw her Granny’s spirit (aka my mother), since it’s almost fasting month, and (again) people said it’s the time when our loved ones dead spirit would be coming home to see the living ones… 

On the fourth day, April woke up at 3am and cried for an hour again. In the morning, her mother asked her why she’s been crying at night. April said in a low and swiftly voice, “ghost” …

Because of this, I’ve been sleepless, even at the office. I couldn’t stand it any longer so I called all my brothers and told them to quickly pay their respect to our mother’s grave; since they were the only ones who haven’t visit her grave. I need my sleep in peace back!  

On Saturday, big brother finally comes to visit mother’s grave. And believe or not, coincidence or not, after that April slept peacefully. She was awake for a while, but quickly and easily getting back to sleep. Well, when my mother was still alive, big brother has always been her favorite, maybe his visit really could affect for her soul… 

Believe it or not, coincidence or not…

By the way, happy fasting for my Muslim friends~ May this year Ramadhan will be better and may Allah’s blessings are always with us. Amien.

No comments: