Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Read: Hantu Kamar Kos.

Title: Hantu Kamar Kos
Author: Elisa Wahyu
Genre: horror 
Language: Bahasa Indonesia
Publisher: mediakita

From all of horror novel published by medikita, this book was the only one I've fully read.  Encourage by Gita, I finally get the guts to read it. I finished the book in one day (half night time, half morning time, both at the on going train).

The book consists of eight (8) short stories. Each about the horror living at a rent room. The stories locations were Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Surabaya.

The characteristic of an horror novel was in the book: the unexplained mystery. Some stories doesn't explained how and why the ghosts were at the rent room. They were already there, scaring the people who rent the room with mysterious sounds, cries, laughing, blowing of wind, knocks, and scary looking appearance before the people.

The horror itself isn't as scary as I really thought, even though sometimes I was scared to turn the next page or I don't want to turn off the light when I get to sleep hahaha
But the stories aren't like haunting every where I go. I soon forget the horror :D

One thing for sure, I think I will postponed my intention to rent a room hahaha

No comments: