Friday, August 14, 2009

Strange Lost

For the last several days there's some news about famous people passing away.

The first one was Mbah Surip, the phenomenal singer of "Tak Gendong". He was assumed to have an heart attack for the cause of his sudden death. I was surprised with his sudden death. He's in top of his fame at the time and hasn't have the chance to enjoy his fame. But, oh well....

The second one was Rendra, Indonesian famous man of letters. He passed away just the day after Mbah Surip died. He has been hospitalized for about a month but in the end he didn't make it. I was surprised too with the news, "another one?". Indonesia again has lost his best countryman. But, again, oh well....

Then the thrid one, I read the announcement at Laruku fans board, it's the news about the death of Jasmine You, the bassist of Versailles. I don't know who is Jasmine You but I know Versailles. I haven't listen to their songs though, I known them from a video concert a friend lend me. My first impression at that time was, "wow,,they are blooms," ^_^ The stage felt like an historical France scene..with the members wearing nobleman suits. So elegant and so beautiful... ^_^

When I heard Jasmine You death, I was shocked! I was surprised and really feel sad for sometime. I even put the feeling at my status in myspace n YM. I'm so sad. And then it make me thinking, why I can feel sad and lost like that? I don't know who Jasmine You is, I even haven't listen to the band songs. But why I feel more lost than I had with the death of Mbah Surip or Rendra? (note: my own countryman) I can say, "oh well," at them, but not to Jasmine...sigh...

I guess it's because Japanese Rock music has been so much influence for me that everything happen in it could affect me so much. Until now, I still feel the lost for Jasmine...sayounara Jasmine...so sorry I haven't have the chance to listen to you while you're still around..even though I haven't know you, but I know you're a great person.

Sleep well dear Jasmine...let the scent of your favorite flower..jasmine..companies you to your eternal sleep...sleep weel...rest well in peace...sayounara...

No comments: