Monday, August 31, 2009

The Answer

Raikkonen: Other teams want me
Saturday 29th August 2009




Kimi Raikkonen has made it clear that if Ferrari don't want him for next year's Championship then he will find another F1 team to race for.

The Finn is currently under contract with the Scuderia and still has one season - 2010 - left on his reported £35m-a-year deal.

However, his position at the team is under threat with continued rumours claiming that Fernando Alonso will be taking his race-seat next season.

And although Raikkonen has always responded to those reports by saying he has a deal for 2010, the Finn has now made it clear that if Ferrari don't want him then he will simply sign with another team.

"If for some reason I am not at Ferrari next season I know I'll have a seat at another team in the paddock," the 2007 World Champion told the British press.

"It's not a problem. Other teams want me.

"I'm too young to retire. I have a contract with Ferrari for next season. If I didn't want to race next season I would not have signed a contract."

KiRai's Note:
Maybe people would surprised reading such brave (maybe arrogant) comment from Kimi. Well, that is Kimi ^_^ sometimes, he can be arrogant like that, but it's fine with me. Because his words are true. Kimi isn't someone who likes to talk highly and doesn't realize his potential. Kimi dares to speak like that because he knows his potentiality. That's why he's so great!
Anyhow, Ferrari shouldn't discard Kimi. Look at his achievement this season for the team. He has give many important points for the team. It's Kimi who make them keep rise the head high. If they discard him, they'll regret it for sure!
And what the happiest thing is his words, that he's still young to retired! That mean Kimi will still be around for a while! That mean I can still see him! I'm so happy!!

No comments: